As summer comes to a close (well, not the heat, just the fact that Landon starts school on Monday), I'm amazed at how much both of the boys have grown. Landon had a big summer. He took off his training wheels on his bike. He learned to swim without his vest (without even having to take swim lessons), and he has moved to his big room up in the bonus room (pictures to come as soon as I get the curtains hung). He even told me that he kissed a girl on the cheek last week. Personally, I'm in denial over that one. It's hard to believe that only 5 years ago at this time, I was waiting for his arrival. It will never cease to amaze me how it takes such a short time for a helpless baby to become, well, Landon. I'm glad that we decided to hold Landon back in school because I don't think I'm quite ready to watch him get on the bus. I'm just trying to get used to the idea that he'll now be going to school every day. I've seen enough milestones this summer to hold me off until next year when he climbs the stairs of that bus! :)
Noah has also become such a big boy. He sings songs with me and talks better and better each day. In the next couple of weeks, he'll move rooms and start sleeping in a big boy bed. At the beginning of September, he'll start going to preschool a couple of days a week. It seems like yesterday that I went into labor with my little monkey.
So, for the Seabolts, we've had one heck of a summer. Tonight I'm feeling lucky that we're able to make it with me staying home. That way, I didn't miss any of it.
A little video of Landon swimming...
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment