I can't believe that five years ago, our first son was born. It was a long day as I was induced at 6:30am, and our sweet Landon didn't join the world until almost 9pm. He always says he didn't want to come out because it was nice and warm in there. As I told him this morning, the wait was worth it. He's already started his day off well---I decorated some of the house for when he woke up, and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast (his request). His presents were waiting for him, and there was no talking him into waiting until tonight. So, before Daddy left, he opened them up. Noah and I will go to his school to eat lunch with him and take the cupcakes I made for him and his classmates. Later today, we will meet Daddy at Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday dinner. I think that sounds like a pretty good 5th birthday (I'll share pictures after all of the fun). When he woke up this morning, he was singing "I'm five today! I'm five today!". FIVE!!! Can you believe it? My baby is five.
Yesterday Jason and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. It was a calm day for us (not for the boys who were beyond wild and were lucky they lived through the day). Jason made us a very nice shrimp pasta dish (it was so good), and we "romantically" ate it in front of the TV after the boys were in bed (hey--at least we were watching a romantic comedy). We plan to really celebrate it this weekend when we head to Chicago for a wedding (without kids thanks to Jason's mom and stepdad). I feel so lucky to still be madly in love with that man. I can't say every day is easy in a marriage (as we all know), but I can say that it sure helps getting through the tough times when you're with your best friend. Thank you, Jason, for giving me you so completely and lovingly. I love you beyond words.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Landon!!
Happy Birthday Lou!!! I remember 5 years ago like it was yesterday!! Grandma and I met some very interesting people at the hospital while we were waiting for you to make your appearance.
I can hear you now singing that you are 5!!!
Your Aunt Sally loves you bunches and am thankful to God for sharing you with us!!
Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!!! I remember (well from pictures and a video that needs to be destroyed) that day 8 years ago very clearly!! Remember that Mom told me we couldn't have alcohol in the church, so I snuck it in a tupperware cup? I think we just threw the remains out the other day!!!
Post a Comment