Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Okay, on my last post, I said that Noah would be moving to his new room and a big boy bed in the next couple of weeks. I guess I should have said the next night. Last night, Noah decided that he was going to sleep in the bed, not his crib. That was okay with us as he has been getting out of his crib the last few days anyway. We thought we would try it thinking he wouldn't fall asleep there. Lo and behold, he fell asleep in the bed like he'd been doing it for weeks.



All went well until about 3:30 am when he came out of the room calling for me. I took him back to his bed where he patted the pillow next to him for me to lay down. Thinking he would go back to sleep in no time, I laid down. At 5:30 when I finally got up because I had to use the bathroom, he was still wide awake. He didn't cry or do anything as long as I laid there. I fell in and out of sleep some, but mostly I sat there thinking I was getting some good practice in for baby #3. At about 6:15 am, he went back to sleep. Unfortunately, we all had to get up early because it was Landon's first day of school. That's okay--I'm hoping for a better night tonight. He did take his nap there (after I held the door so he couldn't get out for about 5 minutes--not bad if you ask me), and he fell asleep fairly easily again tonight. So, I'm thinking we're on the right track. Two big boys now--bittersweet. Good thing there is a baby on the way to fill that crib. I think I would be kind of sad if not. :)


1 comment:

Sally said...

No more Baby No No....I am so proud of you big guy!!! Do you know how excited I am for the 23rd?