Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Landon conversation...

We went and got the boys' hair cut today, and after we were done, I told Landon that he looked handsome. The conversation turns to this...

Landon: Yeah, maybe I should go on a date.
Mom: Who do you want to go on a date with? (Of course, I was waiting and fully expecting to hear "you, Mommy".)
LCS: (thinks for a minute) I was going to say Alayna, but I don't think her mom will say yes when I ask.
Mom: Well, maybe if I went with you and Alayna's mom went with you guys, she would say yes. (Somehow I'm going to go on this date, darn it!)
LCS: That would mean I would have 3 girls and just me. Oh yeah...(gets a grin on his face)
Mom: Can you afford to take all of us on a date?
LCS: You can pay for it.
Mom: Oh no, if you take a girl on a date, you have to use your money for it. Maybe I could pay for myself and Alayna's mom could pay for herself. That way you just pay for you and Alayna.
LCS: But I don't have money. Will you give it to me?
Mom: No, you have to earn it.
LCS: How much will it cost?
Mom: Where do you want to take her?
LCS: Hmmm--probably bowling.
Mom: Okay, do you want to get food there as well or just bowl?
LCS: Just bowl.
Mom: It will probably be about $15. Oh wait, we have a free bowling coupon at home that you could use, so it would be like $10.
LCS: I don't want to go to our bowling alley. I want to go to Grace's (an alley that he went to for Grace's party).
Mom: Well, then it will be $15 because you can't use that coupon at that bowling alley--only the one by our house.
LCS: Okay, we'll go to the one by our house.

Already trying to find the cheap way out...

A few days ago, he came out of his room and said "All the pretend ladies just LOVE me". Not sure why it's only the pretend ones, but how full of himself is he?

1 comment:

Sally said...

I bet he will have to fight Pretend Davis for those ladies!!!