So, my kids got all the glory over the last couple of weeks. Thought I'd give a shout out to my main man...

- I knew I was going to marry him the first month we started dating.
- July 4, 1997: I watched fireworks with this boy I'd only recently met, but felt totally and completely at ease. He talked a lot about his family, and I knew there was no doubt I wanted to see this boy again. Immediately it was like we had known each other much longer than we did.
- Jason tells me the truth. We don't lie to each other. I don't think either of us could if we tried.
- The happiest times in my life have been with him.
- Jason accepts me for who I am. I know it can be frustrating for him at times, but his patience with my moodiness is immense.
- Jason is the best gift giver to me. He buys me things that I won't buy for myself regardless of cost.
- I loved, loved, loved my time with him in South Carolina. Because we only had each other when we moved there, our friendship grew beyond belief (and I thought we were pretty good friends when we were in GA). We bought our first home there and learned many things on our own. I remember sitting on our back porch with him on a Friday night talking about anything and everything. When we spent times at the lake with our "new" friends, we both knew it worked because we had each other. I can't explain what it was like. It was as if we were in a world all of our own. We hung out with many people and had plenty of visitors, but deep down, it was always just us--first the two of us, then the three of us. Although we like being near our family and friends again, I think there is a part of us that will always yearn for those times in Lexington.
- Jason makes our house better. He likes to improve our home. What I love best is he likes to do it on his own whether he's done it before or not (and whether or not I think he can do it)
- I love to watch Jason with the kids--especially the boys and even more so, Noah. He involves them in things that there is no way I would.
- Jason thinks I'm pretty. In fact, he tells me I'm beautiful, and it makes me feel like a princess every time he says it. He doesn't seem to mind that a tire has made its home in my mid-section or my boobs will be down to the ground by the time I'm done nursing a third child.
- In turn, I think Jason is one of most handsome men I have ever met. I still get butterflies like I did when we first started dating when I hear his Jeep pull up.
- Jason works very hard for us every day at his job, and he doesn't complain about it. He may complain about work, but he never mentions the stress of being the main provider for his family. It's a role he is good at--very good.
- He trusts me with our finances and never questions anything I do. I admire him for that.
- I love laughing with Jason more than anyone else in this world.
- Jason is better to me than I am to him.
- I have never seen anyone who can sleep like he does. I'm not saying this is something I love about him because he conveniently never hears the kids in the middle of the night. It's just a fact. :)
- His values match mine.
- He's a good dad. He really is good to Landon, Noah, and Lilah.
- I love that he lets Kasey sleep at the bottom of the bed under the covers even if it drives him crazy.
- I look forward to watching a father/daughter relationship develop with Lilah. He'll be good at it. That's just who he is.
- He has given me life's greatest gift--oh wait, he's given me three of them. Landon Charles Seabolt, Noah Baine Seabolt, and Lilah Anne Seabolt. That alone puts him at the top of my list.
- I know he misses the girl I used to be, and I only hope that he realizes she's always there. She's just tucked down under the mom and keeper of the household. She pops up every once in a while, and I love to see the smile in his eyes when she's come out to play. Don't give up on her, Jason. Don't ever give up on her.
I won't pretend that Jason is perfect. There are many days he makes me angry and irritated. However, I don't want anyone else. He's mine, and I like it that way. In late June of 1997, I was introduced to my best friend. The half that makes me whole. The man that I am in love with. The One.
This past summer when I was pregnant
Halloween 2003
1 comment:
Wow...what a sweet tribute to your husband. It brought tears to my eyes. He's lucky to have you too. Debbie
Post a Comment