Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hope

I did not vote for Barack Obama. He's a bit too liberal for me. However, I'm thankful for yesterday. I don't really care which man or woman would have been standing up there taking the oath of office to run this great nation of ours. What I care about is the hope and optimism it gave to this country. His words moved millions and made grown men weep. This country needed a fresh start, and I can only hope that he will be able to deliver on his promises and not disappoint those same people. Today I put aside my political views and pray for President Obama and this beautiful country that we live in. I ask God to give him the guidance that he will surely need over the next few years. I pray for his wife and children who no longer know normalcy. And finally, I pray for me and my fellow Americans that we can get through these tough times and become stronger and smarter on the other side.

Landon says it best whenever he sees an American flag flying high on someone's home or a business. "Hey, they're for the USA, too!". God Bless America!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I am for the USA too Lou!!

Nice post Sis!!! I too felt hope on Tuesday and I have said many prayers for the Obama's as well!!