Friday, January 9, 2009

Noah

Noah Baine Seabolt
Born September 13, 2006
The rain was coming down that day, but I only saw sunshine.


What do I say about my Noah? He's all boy. That's really the best way to put it. He's as solid as a rock and a tough little guy. He will try just about anything and wants to do everything his brother does. He's mischievous, adventurous, and daring. He loves dirt, big trucks, football, wrestling, and his daddy's Jeep. He likes to get into things he's not supposed to and finds a good place to hide when he does. He watches Diego and Dora and answers their questions enthusiastically with usually the wrong answer. He likes to work on things with his tools and fix them. He'll offer you a hug and kiss, but he doesn't like to cuddle much. He's a 2 year old who looks and acts like he's 3.

He's also one of the most lovable kids around. There is something about him that just makes my heart sing. Maybe it's his easy smile or his cute expressions (you should hear him say "oh, of course" or "awesome" when he opens a gift). Maybe it's the fact that he learns songs quicker than most children. Maybe it's because his moods are pretty constant. Maybe it's because he belts out big belly laughs that can only make you laugh in return. Maybe it's because he's a Daddy's boy, but still wants Mommy to put him to bed. Maybe it's because he likes to dress up as Spiderman, a fireman, a train conductor, or police man. Maybe it's because he plays with Lilah's glow worm--his own baby who he wraps in a blanket and feeds like Mommy feeds Lilah (very interesting, by the way). Maybe it's because he's quick to start dancing with Mommy and likes to boogie woogie in the car. Maybe it's just because he's so darn full of personality.

There is no doubt that Noah keeps us going and can be exhausting. I often tell people he's wide-open. The thing is that it doesn't really bother me like I thought it would. He makes me laugh way more than he makes me mad. He's so full of life, and I'm drawn to him. The bottom line is he makes me a happier person.

I think his teacher described him best when she said that he is the color in our black and white world. That he is, and he shines brightly.

Noah at 2 days old with his cousin Hannah

December 2006 (3 months old)
Noah's baptism day
Happy 1st birthday to NoNo!
December 2007 (15 months)
His favorite activity--being outside (18 months)
Becoming a big brother.
Wearing his hat backwards like Daddy does (Nov 2008)
Playing with his new police officer helmet and motorcycle
I love you, Booger Bear!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I am reading this at your house on your computer....thank you!!

I love all your children dearly, and I agree with the teacher's assessment!!

I love being an aunt to your herd (I have to say that because I feel like we are a herd and I am glad someone else has joined us!!).

Rebekah said...

What a gorgeous child he is! His infectious smile reminds me of Bodie. Full of sweet energy and spunk. He is a beauty Lisa, a sweet gift.