
As 2009 begins, I thought I would write a blog about each of my children. I began and maintain this blog for them. I print out each month and file it in a folder for them to have when they are older (gotta love an anal Capricorn). I want them to know our day to day lives through my eyes, and through that, I hope they understand my complete and utter love for each of them and their father. They will also see what it was like for me while they were growing up (something I enjoy hearing from my mom now). So, I thought why not write a little something about them individually at the beginning of every year--a record of the changes and the constants in their lives.
Of course, I'll start with my first born, Landon Charles Seabolt--the one who looks like his daddy and acts like his mommy.
After a day long of induced labor, Landon slowly made his way into our world on August 27, 2003. He's still like that today--slow to get moving. It's all we can do to get him out of the house most of the time. I can't tell you how many times he's told to brush his teeth. Maybe we should call Guinness--we could set a world record! He's an inquisitive little guy--something else he's been since the day he was born. When he gets interested in something, he wants to learn more and more about it. As I've mentioned before, football has been his passion over the last few months. Comments are made daily about UGA's colors or the car in front of us is an Auburn fan or why in the world would someone like Georgia Tech??? :) We are questioned on whether or not the Bulldogs will ever play the Falcons, what's the Superbowl, who got the penalty, and if the Falcons and Broncos were playing who would I cheer for (I grew up with the Broncos since I was born in Denver, but I have to say my answer now is the Falcons). If we are watching a game, no matter who is playing, we MUST pick a team to cheer for. Actually, that rule is set for all sports, and Landon almost always picks the team that is winning--go figure.
Landon is a child who teaches himself things often. He's a child who actually learns a lot of good things from TV, and a sensitive kid who is heartbroken by a mean word. He is a boy filled with a competitive nature that isn't always healthy because he hates when he fails, so he hesitates to try new things. Landon is a big brother who has grown in leaps and bounds over the past month and a half. He helps us with his brother and sister and really cares about them. The other day we went to Jump Zone, and I filled with pride as he helped Noah climb up the inflatables and watch out for him the whole time we were there. He is always checking on Lilah, kissing her, telling her he loves her. He's grown into his role as a big brother, and I'm proud, very proud.
I think your first born has a special place in your heart. They are your guinea pig in raising children. Each stage Landon goes through is new to us, so he becomes our teacher. Because of him, we're better prepared for Noah and Lilah. Sometimes I feel bad for this role that has been handed to him. He takes the brunt of our frustration at times just because he joined our family first. God gives "first borns" a unique characteristic that makes them see past our mistakes and forgive us for not always knowing what to do.
I love my Landon. I love his silliness, his smile, his love for me, his intelligence, his sensitive nature, his long eyelashes, his wittiness, his excitement, and his passion. I thank him for teaching me to be a mother. I thank him for his patience as we ride this rollercoaster called life. but mostly, I thank God for thinking I'm good enough to be Landon's mommy!
I'll leave you with some pictures and a funny Landon comment. We were playing tic tac toe the other day, and I made a really dumb move. I said "that was stupid, Lisa", and Landon says "yeah, you had a blond moment".
Right after he was born





1 comment:
Beautiful! Now you can see just another reason why I said I hope to live up to your blog! I don't know what it about reading some of your posts, but I cried again!
Post a Comment