Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lilah

Something rare--a Seabolt girl!

Lilah Anne Seabolt
Born November 25, 2008

I will never forget the day we were told that we were having a girl-June 24, 2008. I tried to remain somewhat calm when the ultrasound tech told us the sex; however, when I went into the restroom afterwards, I cried some very happy tears. A girl. I was going to have a girl. I never realized I wanted a girl so badly until I was told I would have one.

I will also never forget the first phone call I made when I got to my car. I called my dad. My mom is always the first to get the calls from us, so I decided this one was going to him.

Lisa: Hi Dad! Do you think you can handle another granddaughter?
Dad: Are you shittin' me?
Lisa: No, Dad. We're having a baby girl.
At this point, it got a little quiet as we both starting crying. I love my sappy Dad! Happy day!

That day we also learned that our baby girl had cysts on her brain which is a sign of trisomy 18. Prayers were said by many, and God listened. After a quick but painful labor, Lilah Anne came out as healthy as can be. Still to this day, I am overwhelmed by her perfection. She is healthy. God gave us a big, strong, healthy baby girl. I can't say that enough.

Because of my sweet Lilah, I get to show a girl how to put on make-up. I get to go shopping for a prom dress and one day a wedding dress. I get to calm a nervous boyfriend as he meets Lilah's father. I get to support a little girl when she decides to play sports or take dance classes. I get to take my daughter with me for a mani/pedi. I get to hold her after a heartbreak and talk her through things I've already been through (even though she won't believe for a minute that I know what she's going through). I get to encourage her to be a strong woman who can do whatever she sets her mind to. I get to see her fall in love with "the one" like I fell in love with her daddy. And hopefully one day, I will be able to hold my daughter's child.

Lilah's birth has ignited something in me. She makes me want to be a better person. Her arrival has made me want to give more than receive. I want to bring a smile to a stranger's face and warmth to a loved one's heart. I want to see the good in everyone. I want my children to see and feel the love that I have for them. I'm working on being the woman that deserves the blessings that God has given me. I'm working on being a person that Lilah can admire and look up to. I'm working on being better.

So there you have my three children. Landon who teaches me how to be a mom. Noah who brings out daily smiles and laughter, and Lilah, the child who makes me strive to be better. God knew what He was doing when He sent these angels my way.

Holding my baby girl not long after her arrival.
Daddy's little girl.
Meeting her brothers.
One of my favorite dresses so far.
Doing what she's done most the past 7 1/2 weeksSweet smiles making life so worth it!
Wherever these feet may take her, I hope they always know the way home.

I love you, pumpkin pie.

2 comments:

Sally said...

That was so great....I have tears in my eyes!!

Now, when are you going to start being nice to me?

BTW...I am so stealing this idea from you...stay tuned!!

Amy J said...

I admire you. I don't know where you find the time, much less the energy to keep up a blog. I gave up on mine for the time being.
Lilah is precious and so are the boys!!! Barnum speaks so highly of Noah and Landon. Sounds like you guys are doing a GREAT job!
Hugs,
Amy