Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where's my sick day?

Whew--I'm pooped today. I woke up not feeling too hot, and then the morning rush started soon after that. Landon threw one of his fits this morning, and I didn't handle it well which only made things worse. Even Noah has been testing me today. It's one of those days that I need someone to take care of me because I just don't feel like being the caregiver. I knew parenthood was tough, but I don't know if I realized how ungrateful the little ones w0uld be. Yes, I understand that they are too young. I get it. It just doesn't make it easier. I try to do something nice, and all I get is whining and complaining in return. Everyone says that parenthood is the most gratifying job you can have. Today, I'm not so sure I agree. On top of the kids giving me their best and me not feeling up to par, I need to get ready to have people over here on Saturday to celebrate Pops' 80th birthday. The thought of cleaning the house, doing the shopping, setting it all up, and helping with the cooking makes me a little dizzy and sick to my stomach. I think I need a sick day to rejuvenate myself physically, mentally, and spiritually. However, as a stay-at-home-parent, there are no sick days--just a lot of suck-it-up-and-get-over-it days. Maybe a trip to the gym tonight will be medicine enough.

Time to "get over myself" as I have a baby crying out to be fed. Sigh....

2 comments:

Sally said...

I am sorry today was so rough...believe me, I have been there!!!

It won't last long and one day, too soon, you will wonder where days like this have gone to!!

I will trade you a pre-teen for a 2 year old!!!!

Mental health days....too bad you can't figure out how to take one when you are a stay at home mom!!!

Do you need my help? I just don't do dishes!!!

lseabolt said...

Things are already better. I didn't get to the gym b/c Jason got home about 8:45pm. However, I feel better in general, and the kids were actually very good tonight.

The two year old stays. He's the one that makes me laugh. It's the oldest that I'm having trouble with. I'll trade him for your oldest. ha ha