Monday, February 16, 2009
My Special Valentine Date
On Friday, Feb. 13th, I was asked to go on a date. Ah, my heart went pitter patter. As time goes on and our lives only continue to get busier, I knew these particular dates would be few. My suitor was Landon, and let me tell you, there are few things better than being asked out by your 5 year old son. On Saturday afternoon, the two of us headed out to the bowling alley for an hour or two of just "us" time. When I asked him if he was going to pay, he responded "No way. I don't have any money. You need to pay." I reminded him that Grandma had just sent him money for Valentine's Day, and he said "I can't use that money. That is for a toy." So, I got stuck with the bill, but I figured that was a small price to pay for a date with my son.

Landon--if you read this when you get older, please know that you made my day. I'll never forget the time when your idea of a perfect date would be with your Mommy. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment