Lilah Anne Seabolt
November 25, 2008
12:16pm
8lbs 13oz, 21 inches
PERFECTION!!!!
12:16pm
8lbs 13oz, 21 inches
PERFECTION!!!!
She's here! Our healthy baby girl has completed our family of five. I have to admit--I'm one proud mommy! Sometimes I feel like I can't get enough of her. This sweet little girl was definitely worth the wait. So, here's how it all went down...We arrived at the hospital at 7:30am. Around 8:45, the doctor broke my water and the drip was started to induce. About an hour later, I started to feel some contractions. Within another hour, I was pretty much at my "10" for pain. It went very quickly, and I barely got the epidural in time. In fact, the nurse purposely didn't check to see how far along I was because she knew they wouldn't give it to me if she had. God bless that woman! She is definitely my hero of the month! Right after I received the epidural, it was time to push, and Lilah joined our world at 12:16pm. The first thing I asked Jason is if she looked healthy. His response of "yes" brought tears to my eyes. She was here--our big, strong, healthy girl was finally in my arms. What a wonderful feeling.
We've all adjusted well to our new addition. The boys have been amazing with her. Every time they talk to her, she stops to find their faces. Lilah has been kind to her mommy during the night by sleeping for 4-5 hours at a time, and then going back down very easily. She's a bit fussy in the evenings but definitely manageable. She does what most babies do--sleeps, eats, and poops. We took her to the doctor on Friday for her first check-up and was told that she looked great. She has only lost 5oz of her birth weight, so they said to not worry about coming back until she's a month old. When she was born, they told us that she was 19 1/4 inches long; however, when she was measured at the doctor's office (3 days later), she was 21 1/4 inches. The nurse told us that many times they don't get the proper measurements in the hospital. The 21 inches made more sense as she is much more proportional than her initial measurements indicated.
I'm always in awe of how much love you can have in your heart. Each one of my children has their own special place in there. It's hard to believe that I can love as much as I do right now. I'm so in love with my husband who has given me these three children. I'm so in love with my oldest son who has grown leaps and bounds in this past week. I'm so in love with my youngest son whose energy keeps us on our toes but brings us so many, many smiles. I'm so in love with my only daughter whose presence warms me beyond belief. It's my party of five, and damn, does it feel good!




9 comments:
Lisa, she is perfection! So cute and the pics of Landon and Noah with her are great too! Glad to hear she's letting you get some sleep, too. Enjoy this special time~can't wait to meet her! Congrats again to the Seabolt clan :)
She really is perfection!!
Congrats and I can't wait to get my hands on her again!!!
Love the monkey outfit and blanket!!!
What a pretty little girl, we are so happy for all of you. For sure, God was listening to all the prayers for you and little Lilah, He gave you a beautiful daughter.
Hope she will continue to be a good baby, you need all the sleep you can get for awhile. What great pictures of all of you.
Our love to all of you,
Uncle Ed and Aunt Bev
Congrats to you all! I am so glad that everything went smoothly and all is well. She truly is perfect! Can't wait to meet her!
What a big, beautiful girl! I'm glad to hear the delivery was easy on you. Congratulations!!
Congratulations Seabolts! What a pretty baby. How lucky that she's a good baby so far, I hope it lasts. You'll need all the sleep you can get keeping up with the 3 of them.
She is precious!! Congrats!!! I'm impressed with you and Jason taking on three little ones! I can barely handle one. :)
Hugs to you guys! I'm sure you will have a very Merry Christmas!
Amy
Hi Lisa and all,
Congratulations!! Lilah is just gorgeous. I can't wait to meet the newest Seabolt!
FYI I am now back home in Georgia, so hope to see you soon.
Jill
Lisa,
I thought about you guys tonight. David and I had a date night and went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." It was incredible. Seriously.
Anyhow, there is a point in the film where I thought of you guys as you held your breath and prayed Lilah would be healthy. I know that all parents are unsure. But you guys really had a scare. I am just so thankful and glad that Lilah is perfection wrapped in a beautiful package just like Noah and Landon.
You really can't find the words for the gratitude you guys must feel. (PTL) I just wanted to land there for a second and tell you how thankful and grateful I am for your little healthy family.
Counting our blessings,
Rebekah
Post a Comment