Well, they finally scheduled my induction for tomorrow. Wow--after all of that disappointment and frustration, it's time. And now instead of being ecstatic, I'm nervous. My mind is racing...is she healthy? Will it take as long as Landon or go quickly like Noah? Am I ready for the pain? Please don't let me have to have a c-section. Am I ready for the night feedings? Will she eat okay? How big will she be? Will she be a she and not a he? What were we thinking--3 kids??? Will I be able to handle all three? Seriously, will I? How will the boys handle the addition? Will Kasey be too lonely while we're in the hospital? And it always goes back to will she be okay, healthy, and those cysts meant nothing? Yeah, I don't see tons of sleep coming my way tonight. I'll try, but I've got to calm this mind down.
My mom and sister have already come and taken the boys home with them. So nice of them to make the trip and let me avoid the drive. Once again, our family has come through to make things easier on us. Landon has been a bit much lately--feeding off of my lack of parenting maybe??? He gets so hyper and then won't listen. He needs this baby to come as much as I do, so he can have his mom back. On top of that, Noah has been sick. We went to the doctor today, and he was diagnosed with croup. I feel so bad that I'm sending a sick child to my parents, and I feel worse that it won't be me taking care of him. I should be welcoming this break (the second one in a few days thanks to Debra having the kids on Saturday night). However, when they drove out of the driveway, I wanted to shout for them to come back. I missed them so much the minute they left. How could that be? I realized, our family is about to go from 4 to 5. Maybe I needed our foursome for just a couple more hours. Maybe I needed to hold on to them and hug them while I didn't have another child added to my radar. I'm not sure. I just know I miss them right now.
This is the problem with scheduling an induction. You have time to think about it. Well, hopefully the next post I make will be about the baby that finally decided to join our family. Extra prayers are always welcome!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad they're going to induce you tomorrow. I'll think good thoughts that you don't need to have a c-section. If you don't, will that mean you'll go home on Thanksgiving? That's what we did with Vicky. Back then they only kept you 24 hours. My doctor was on vacation and we had this poor on call doctor that wasn't feeling well that hung back until I was ready to deliver. They kept trying to bring Tony & I a turkey dinner at the hospital, and we just wanted them to release her so we could go have dinner at Marge's. They finally did and we went to dinner for a little while with our brand new baby. Take care and I hope you have a speedy delivery and a healthy baby.
PS - I don't have my Carr calendar in front of me, but I'm thinking the 25th will get her her very own birthday. Is that right?
Sending you very happy thoughts now! Best of luck to you. I know you are nervous but you'll be so happy when you finally get to hold her. Good luck tomorrow~ you, Jason and Baby Seabolt will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!
I hope you got some sleep last night. Landon has been great!! They all finally went to sleep after 11 and were wide awake at 7 (yea me!!).
I will be at the hospital as soon as Pete gets home from his test.
I hope you don't have to have a c-section, but if you do it is not the end of the world....you just get to milk it a little longer!!!
I have sent many prayers for you and this little girl. I know God is getting tired of me begging, but I know this little girl is worth it!!!
Post a Comment