Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nine Days...

What I've learned, discovered, and observed in the past nine days...
  • Lilah is a good baby. She lets you know when she's not happy, but overall, she's content.
  • So far, she only makes me get up once in the night.
  • Landon tells his little sister that she is beautiful every day (if not several times a day). It melts my heart every time he says it. I'm only a little jealous that he thinks she's prettier than Mommy.
  • Lilah's hair isn't getting any darker. I'm not sure she's mine--her eyebrows are blond and that hair is much, much lighter than the boys.
  • Landon sings "Big Girls Don't Cry" when Lilah is crying.
  • Noah sings "You are my Sunshine" to his little sister.
  • The arrival of Lilah hasn't slowed the boys down one bit. They still run around like wild animals every afternoon.
  • I love my alone times with Lilah--even if it's at 4am.
  • Breastfeeding in the Kohl's dressing room isn't so bad.
  • After three kids, you would think I could remember the diaper bag. Nope, I forgot it. It's now sitting in the car to avoid that little issue again.
  • I can take all three kids somewhere by myself. It was only to the boys' haircut place, but still, I did it!
  • I only get about 50-75% of the stuff done that I had planned for the day.
  • Little kids think a baby needs the pacifier all of the time.
  • The boys cannot leave the bouncy seat alone no matter how many times we tell them to get away from it.
  • I think Noah was more proud of his "I'm a big brother" t-shirt than he was of his little sister when he went back to school.
  • At age 5, Landon has already mastered the typical male response to a baby's crying--"I think she's hungry". Of course, this statement is only good for the men whose wives breastfeed or who never do the feedings.
  • Kasey got knocked down the chain a little more, and I think she's feeling it. The poor dog is dying for some attention. Maybe I can sneak out for a walk with just her and me this weekend.
  • We're actually taking care of three kids and not drowning. It may not be pretty, but we're doing it!
  • Jason and I have become closer knowing that we alone created this madhouse we live in.
  • I never thought having three kids would make me feel so complete, but it does.

Lilah in her "Mom and Dad's Best Present Ever" onsie.

My sweet girl

Love the wink, LCS.

Crazy Noah & his little sis

5 comments:

Shelley said...

She's beautiful!! And getting cuter every picture I see! I'm so glad it's "so far, so good!" I've wanted to call you a few times, but I decided to give you a little more time. You know me and my good timing for phone calls :)

Give them all a kiss from me!

Karen said...

Absolutely precious! I love the updates and pictures!

Sally said...

It is amazing how complete three kids can make you. I can't imagine not being a party of five myself!!

Lilah is too stinkin' cute...can't wait to feel better so I can come cuddle that baby girl!!!

Bev said...

Such a pretty little present for you and Jason, that picture is too cute! She is such a pretty baby and so filled out for 9 days old. You are so organized, I don't wonder that things are going well for you, Lisa, I love organized people! Lilah is a lucky little girl to have such great parents.

Rebekah said...

DARRRRRlin!!! Lisa, she is so sweet. I just want to give her a squeeze.

It looks like you have transitioned to pink very well!

Jealous,
Rebekah