Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011

I cannot tell a lie...I don't really feel like posting tonight. So tonight I'm going to give you just random thoughts that come to my head.

Today consisted of the usual school day...kids get up, kids get ready, Landon gets on the bus, feed dogs, finish getting ready, leave later than we should, go to gym, get groceries, enjoy my Monday Subway (it's the special--turkey and ham), pick up kids, talk to friend on the phone, shower, LCS comes home, snacks all around, work, feed dogs, make dinner (homemade spaghetti tonight), do dishes, help bathe kids, make lunches, put kids to bed, work some more, watch show on DVR, and write blog.

It rained so much this morning that we had a lake in the backyard. I just sighed. Max was in heaven. I was not.

Several years ago, my cousin rode his bike from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific. An amazing journey for him. He kept us updated on his adventures via email, and I remember loving getting those emails. Every Monday I think of him because I take an RPM class at the gym. It's a spin class (bike riding), and it's a workout. I dread the class before I go, I dislike it while I'm doing it, and I love the feeling afterward of getting through another class. At least once during our "ride" during class, I tell myself that my cousin was crazy.

Lilah didn't take a nap today, and although it would have been nice to have her down for an hour or two during the day, I loved that she was asleep earlier than usual tonight.

Kasey has really dirty ears. I clean them out often, and I'm shocked at how much wax she's got in those things. Yes, I did a major ear cleaning today.

Landon came home all pumped with the items he earned through his Fun Run fundraiser at school. Today he came home with a beach ball, a water bottle, and a glow ball. You would have thought he had won the lottery. Thanks to anyone who donated.

Today I bought some gel things to go into the toilet to keep them cleaner. Both boys asked if they could pee on it (you know, like it was a target). Of course, Jason laughed. I told Noah that if he peed on it, it would come up and bite his penis. I'm not sure Jason completely agreed with my parenting right then. I'm okay with that. I'm pretty sure Noah won't be peeing on it anymore.

Max is the best cuddler. When Jason leaves really early on Monday mornings, I get some snuggle time with my big boy. I like it.

Tonight I reminded Noah that tomorrow was "D" day at school for the ABC countdown. He asked what they would do, and I told him it would be dance party day. His response "Oh yeah baby! I get to show Ms. Judy my moves". Hope she's ready...

Off to bed before 11pm. It's a miracle. I'm helping in Landon's class tomorrow, so I need some rest to prepare. A bunch of 6 and 7 year olds require that.

No comments: