Well, I've already messed up. I didn't post yesterday, but I've convinced myself it's okay because really it shouldn't be individual posts for the weekend...it should be combined--it's the weekend. It all flows together. Saturday and Sunday are married and should remain a couple. They shouldn't be separated. In other words, I ran out of time yesterday. I can already tell that I'll be lucky to get through a full week of doing this daily. 1. It's hard to take time to write and 2. I've realized my life is really quite boring even though I seem to struggle to have enough hours in every day. So let's start with yesterday...
March 26, 2011
We started the day by avoiding getting out of bed. Lilah came in asking for breakfast, and we told her to have Landon get them the last three donuts to give us just a few more minutes. We got ourselves up, cooked some biscuits, sausage, and gravy, and got everyone ready to head to the hospital to visit Pops. On Friday, Pops had surgery to remove a cancerous polyp in his colon. They believe it has not spread. They did take samples from other parts of his colon for testing to verify it hasn't spread, and we should find out the results later this week. I'm hopeful that is hasn't. Pops has worried me lately because he's been very nostalgic every time we've seen or talked to him. He has spoken a lot about his family that has already passed away. I feel like he's preparing to see them, and although I like the thought of him reuniting with those that he loved so deeply, I ache at the thought of losing him. He looked great when we saw him and was in good spirits. We stayed for an hour or so until he politely told us to leave. I love that man. He really is a wonderful, wonderful person! I tell Jason that I married him just so I could have Pops as a grandfather.
Since we were already in Conyers, we decided to see if we could dodge the rain and headed to the Cherry Blossom festival. It was chilly, so we didn't stay as long as we would have liked. We had enough time to eat (Landon got his foot long hot dog), and I was able to buy Lilah some new bows and a cute little dress. The kids each got a balloon, but they were disappointed that we didn't get over to the kids' area before the rain started. I can't say that Jason and I shared their disappointment.
We headed home, and I dived into the laundry and cleaning the basement. After the kids were in bed, Jason and I headed to the basement to catch up on some shows on the DVR. I had intentions of sitting down to write several times, but it seems like I didn't really have a chance until 1:30am. I felt it was best to go to bed. I'm pretty sure I made the right decision.
March 27, 2011
Wow--today was full of excitement! Not really--I actually remained in my pjs all day. In fact, I took a shower around 5pm and just put my pajamas right back on. Everyone else got dressed--not me. I'm all about comfort. So, our intention was to go to church this morning, but we kind of woke up too late. Lilah came in our room in the 6 o'clock hour and climbed into bed with us. The next time I opened my eyes, it was after 9am, and Lilah was snuggled up to me, sleeping like a baby. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have no idea what time the boys woke up. They headed straight to the basement, so we didn't hear them. I should feel bad, but I don't. It felt so good to sleep in like that. Jason made us a yummy breakfast-not as yummy as he would have liked because I had bought turkey bacon versus the real thing, but it still tasted good. After a late breakfast, the kids hung out downstairs and played so well together (which makes life easier on us). Jason was able to spend time on his new hobby (currently working on making cutting boards), and I did some house work upstairs. Jason had promised to take Landon to see "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" since he got such a good report card, so the three boys headed to the movies around 1pm. Lilah and I hung out at home, ate some lunch, and then proceeded to spend most of the time the guys were gone trying to get Lilah to take a nap. She did not do so. Once they got home from the movies, Jason needed to go back to the hospital to see Pops. He very graciously offered to take Lilah which I was so thankful for. Lilah is under my feet most of the day, and a break from her was welcomed. They left, the boys again played wonderfully together, and I cleaned bathrooms, worked, showered, and made some dinner. We got our babies into bed and headed back to the DVR to watch Amazing Race. Pure excitement, huh?
I've got to come up with something else to write about. This is boring.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment