Today's start was much improved over yesterday's. I don't even think I yelled (of course, it was several hours ago, so I've forgotten if I did or not). I will say, though, that I was TIRED! Staying up to start this journal crap wasn't the smartest idea. In fact, I had to chug back two Cherry Cokes just to get my eyes open. On top of being overly sleepy, I am SORE! I really pushed myself on Wednesday and Thursday at the gym, and my body is telling me OUCH! I feel as if I just started working out (I joined the gym over 2 years ago). Luckily, Friday is pajama party day in the Seabolt household. Really that's just for me and Noah (and today at 5pm, I'm the only one still sportin' the pjs). Everyone else gets dressed. The two little ones don't have school, so there is no reason for me to leave the house. I just slip a bra on and get going on the day's activities which is primarily cleaning. I clean on Tuesdays as well, but that's usually just a quick dust, vacuum, sweep of the upstairs. Friday I try to hit the entire house. I want as much done as possible so the weekend can be for playing. So, that's what I've done most of the day. I started with the dusting (which is much needed with all of the pollen in the air), went into vacuuming mode, and ended with sweeping and mopping the hardwoods. I often whimpered as I bent down to pick up a toy, and many times I just wanted to sit on the couch and wonder why I thought working out was such a good idea. I've also thrown in some work for Courtroom Connect, and now I'm writing this journal instead of getting in the shower to start getting ready for the party we are going to tonight. I still have plenty to do in the house (like vacuuming the basement and finish cleaning the bathrooms which I started on Thursday), but that will have to wait. Jason and I decided to get a babysitter, and we're headed into the city to celebrate a friend's birthday. I'm looking forward to it although I know I really need to just stay home and go to bed. I would stay up late no matter what (that's part of being a night owl), so we might as well hang with friends we haven't seen in a while. I suppose I should end this and get started on making the sauce for our homemade pizzas tonight. The dough is already in the bread maker, sauce from scratch will be going in a minute, and the toppings are just waiting for us to add. I've decided we'll each make our own personal pizza tonight, so I can keep mine vegetarian due to it being Friday during Lent. Should be interesting. Wish me luck.
I'm ending with today's pros (looking on the bright side versus being negative):
I'm ending with today's pros (looking on the bright side versus being negative):
- Max did not get any of the kids' meals today.
- Although Lilah fell asleep downstairs for only a short while which resulted in no real nap, she's been pretty good.
- Tylenol finally helped my pollen induced headache.
- Max only got into the garage once which meant he only got into the bag of food once.
- Overall, the dogs have been wonderful.
- Noah and Lilah actually cleaned up the basement on their own. Right now, the three of them are on their way to making it a mess again, but at least they have played nicely and allowed me to write this with very few interruptions.
- Because we postponed our trip to see Jason's mom, we were able to postpone our garage sale which is allowing us to go hang with friends tonight and letting me finish cleaning tomorrow.
- Now that my headache is gone, my yelling seems to be gone as well. :)
- Landon brought home another amazing report card--all E's. Yea LCS! You make us so proud.
- Pops' surgery seemed to have gone well. Jason is at the hospital now, and I'm anxious to hear more details. I'll write more on this later b/c I sure do love that man. He's the grandfather that I wasn't able to have since mine both died when I was 5.
- Homemade pizza is good. We get to eat it tonight.
Not the most interesting of posts, but I got my journaling done. Take that day 2! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment