Thursday, October 9, 2008

What you don't get more of while pregnant...

When you're pregnant, you gain many things. There's the whole weight thing, the bigger booty, water gain, massive boobies, and bigger circles under your eyes. You get a healthy glow (well, so they say), a unique experience of feeling a baby move inside you, thicker hair (appreciated by those of us with fine hair), help from strangers, and an excuse to get out of things that maybe you just don't want to do. What you don't get is more patience for the little ones that are already in your life. It's been one of those weeks. I have zero patience for my little guys this week. Landon seems to feed off of that and tortures me. I also feel overwhelmed by the things that never end--laundry, a full trash can, dishes, cleaning, etc. When Jason got home last night, I told him I was leaving. He kind of chuckled and said "really?". Yes, really. I finished folding two loads of laundry, emptied and reloaded the dish washer, and then I said "Goodbye. The boys need a bath/shower, and I won't be home until they are in bed." I didn't really know where I was going to go until I realized why not satisfy that craving for beef nachos that I've had all week. So, I went to a Mexican restaurant, ordered some beef nachos, and read my book. ALL BY MYSELF! So, if patience doesn't come with pregnancy, then I'm entitled to a hot plate of beef nachos, a coke, chips, salsa, and time alone to read my book.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Your blogging is hilarious, like all good comedy, it makes one laugh because it's TRUE, all of it!

I SO feel you on the "I'm leaving" comment. David and I call that the "raw" feeling. Nothing left to give.

From one mom to another-you are doing great. And, your sense of humor will be your salvation throughout the next few weeks. She will be here before we know it!!

Your family is gorgeous and almost complete! :)

Hugs,
Rebekah