Last Friday, we had hardwoods installed in our living room and dining room. We needed new carpet (that lovely builder's grade carpet just wasn't making it), so we decided to suck it up (moneywise) and get hardwoods. Jason wanted to install them himself, and I would have loved that for wallet reasons; however, time was an issue, and I couldn't have the house torn up with two boys and a baby on the way for very long. So, we hired someone to do all of the work, and I have to admit, sometimes that's just nice. I've included some before and after pictures. We're very happy with it. We've decided to take the house off the market and enjoy the floors before we try again. It's hard for me because I'm just not happy with our location (I need to get back on the west side of the city). However, nothing is really selling right now with our awesome economy, and we haven't had much activity lately, so it's okay. At least I'm happier with the house, and I figure I've been here for four years--I'm sure I can handle another year or two. :)
The "before" pictures of the living room:


The "after" pictures of the living room (Halloween decorations and all):


The "before" pictures of the dining room:


The "after" pictures of the dining room (we need to add some color since we took the rug out of there, but I don't know what I'm going to do quite yet):


1 comment:
Wow Lisa....that looks AWESOME!!! As much as I would love to have you all closer, I think it would be real hard to leave your house!!!
Post a Comment