Kasey is our 5 year old hound mix. I just like her. She is good to us. She lets the kids tug on her, tease her with treats (Noah's new favorite thing to do), chase her, and bug her in general. She's a good, low maintenance dog (especially now that Abby isn't here for her to use as a chew toy). Yeah, the dog has a very loud bark, but it doesn't last too long, so we deal. Even Jason can't help but smile when she won't leave him alone as he first gets home from work. For me, she's my personal comfort. When we still lived in South Carolina, she became my main companion. Jason had already moved to GA, so I was alone with Landon and Kasey for 4 months. Landon would go to bed around 8pm, so the rest of the night it was just me and my dog. She took care of me. In those 4 months, she filled a place in my heart that is only hers. I can remember when I was pregnant with Landon, people would tell me that I wouldn't love my dogs as much as I did then. They didn't know anything. Yes, the dogs did not get the same amount of attention that they did prior to Landon's arrival; however, Landon didn't get the same attention he did after Noah joined our family either. Didn't mean I loved him any less, and I definitely don't love Kasey any less now that we have kids. She's the one I go to when I'm sad or really frustrated because she listens without comment. When I've had enough and feel like I need to run away, I always want Kasey with me because I know she'll give me the unconditional love that I need right then. Again, she's my personal comfort. So, Kasey, this is my ode to you! I stalked the shelter every day for a week looking at you, making sure no one had adopted you, and each time, you were still there waiting for me to take you home. I like to think we chose each other! Thanks for being my hound dog.
Kasey checking out the happenings in the neighborhood from our deck.
1 comment:
I can totally relate, Lis. Excellent job on the blogging. How are YOU feeling these days?
Post a Comment