Christmas 2010 was a very good one! We started out our celebration in our own home with opening gifts with just us on Christmas Eve morning. After cleaning up, we headed to my parents house for a fantastic time Christmas Eve afternoon/night. Everyone seemed to be in such a good mood.
Christmas morning found us enjoying the gifts that Santa left for the kids and going to church to celebrate Jesus' birthday. One of my favorite parts of the holiday was being asked to carrying the gifts at Christmas Mass. When the usher asked us, I gave him a look of complete shock and pointed to my family with a response of "are you sure?" I was proud of my family of five dressed in their Christmas outfits, taking the gifts to the priest...the gifts which become the body and blood of Christ. As we walked back to our seats, my smile was a little bigger. It was a first for this Seabolt family, and I was happy.
Christmas morning found us enjoying the gifts that Santa left for the kids and going to church to celebrate Jesus' birthday. One of my favorite parts of the holiday was being asked to carrying the gifts at Christmas Mass. When the usher asked us, I gave him a look of complete shock and pointed to my family with a response of "are you sure?" I was proud of my family of five dressed in their Christmas outfits, taking the gifts to the priest...the gifts which become the body and blood of Christ. As we walked back to our seats, my smile was a little bigger. It was a first for this Seabolt family, and I was happy.
Later that day, Jason's dad's side came to join us at our house for a Christmas lunch of homemade spaghetti. It was so nice to have them in our home with no need for gifts. Pops speech before grace made me head to our bedroom after for a few tears, but only because I love him very much. My grandfathers died when I was very young, so Pops means quite a bit to me. After dinner, two of Jason's cousins and their wife and girlfriend stayed around to chat for a while. We don't get to do that too often, and I thoroughly enjoyed that time.
The next day we went to the Gamble Christmas (Jason's mom's side) for a yummy brunch and some gift opening. Debra and Blaine are packing up and moving to Alabama, so this was our last Christmas in their house. We had a great time there as well. I can't believe they will no longer be living here. sniff sniff
We all received the best gifts throughout the weekend. I'm particularly proud because Jason and I got through this Christmas without putting anything on the credit card. It definitely feels good to know that we paid for Christmas with cash, and we don't have to worry about opening credit card bills this month.
Here are a very few pictures of our Christmas.
The next day we went to the Gamble Christmas (Jason's mom's side) for a yummy brunch and some gift opening. Debra and Blaine are packing up and moving to Alabama, so this was our last Christmas in their house. We had a great time there as well. I can't believe they will no longer be living here. sniff sniff
We all received the best gifts throughout the weekend. I'm particularly proud because Jason and I got through this Christmas without putting anything on the credit card. It definitely feels good to know that we paid for Christmas with cash, and we don't have to worry about opening credit card bills this month.
Here are a very few pictures of our Christmas.
Lilah opening the dogs' gift.
Noah's turn...
Landon and Lilah checking out Lilah's gift.
Our princess.
This is probably not the best parenting, but this picture cracks me up.
Noah bringing his mom a beer.
Lilah riding her scooter that Santa brought before church 
Lilah waiting for her turn.
***A lot more pictures were posted on facebook, so check them out there.***
No comments:
Post a Comment