Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days...

Around 9pm on Sunday, the snow began to fall here. By 10pm, we had a few inches (which usually doesn't happen that quickly for us). I went up to Landon's room and woke him up. I took him to the window and had him look out.

"Wow", he gasped.

I looked at him with a spark in my eye and said "Go get your shoes on."

"Why?" he asked.

"We're going outside to play in the snow."

He proceeded to look at me like I was crazy and said that he was going back to bed. Well, I tried to be that fun mom who woke her kids up at 10pm to go play outside in the freshly fallen snow. I doubt I'll try that again any time soon. The next morning, he didn't even remember getting up. Since my oldest wouldn't get up and play with me, I settled for my youngest "child". Max, the crazy lab, had no problem joining me for some snow fun. We went out, and I threw a few snowballs that he spent way too long looking for. Remember, I said my youngest child, not my smartest.

The next morning, we woke up to 6-7 inches of snow. That is a lot for us, and we were ready to get out there and play! My Southern babies didn't last too long the first day--about an hour. It was pretty cold with the breeze that we had. However, we went out for a much longer time today since it was a little warmer and no wind.

Lilah trying out her bike in the snow.

Noah has loved shoveling (even though we've done very little of it). He's weird.
Landon looking a little cold the first day.
How Lilah spent a lot of time when we walked around...
We let the dogs come with us in the front yard the first day. They loved it and immediately ran across the street to see who had last visited the neighbors yard.
Max has been in snowy heaven!
We have definitely enjoyed the last couple of days, but I'm ready to get back to our normal schedule. The kids are out of school again tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it since Jason will go back to work. Here's hoping that school opens on Thursday. From what the forecasters are saying, it's a slim chance. Sigh. Just another Southern snow storm. ;)

No comments: