Friday, September 17, 2010

Soccer is back, and there's a new kid playing!

Well, we're back at the soccer fields every Thursday and Saturday, but this season, we have an addition to the schedule. Noah is getting to play his first season of soccer. Like Landon did his first season, he's fortunate to have his dad as his coach. So far he seems to like it and even scored a few goals his first game. Landon is playing on the same team he played on last season, and we're happy that there are 6 returning players (out of 10) on the team. They are really learning to play together and starting to pass the ball a lot more. Each kid is finding his place on the team, and it's fun to watch. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed watching Landon's game until after Noah's game. Although Noah's games are entertaining, I have to admit I like the older kids playing. I think that's the soccer player in me coming out. :) It could also be that it was much harder having Max at the fields with us when I had to watch Lilah on my own since Jason was coaching. No matter what, I enjoy our soccer-filled Saturdays.

Noah playing in his first game (I love the smile on his face).
Landon playing keeper in the first half.
Lilah at the fields. Two games is a bit much for her right now, but popcorn always helps. :)
Landon and Noah play with brothers on each team-fun and crazy!
My newest soccer player

2 comments:

Sally said...

So proud of my nephews!!! We are busy with baseball/softball, with practices on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday...with games on Saturday and Thursday.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

Sally said...

The word verification that came up after my post is

SUCKLAY

ha ha ha