Last Friday, Noah, Lilah, and I were honored to join Landon at Cooper Elementary to witness and celebrate his earning of the "Citizen of the Month" award for August. I can't tell you how proud I am of our kid. In the two years that he has been in elementary school, he's earned this award both years in the first month or two of school. Not too shabby!
Keep up the good work, LCS! I know you will because that's just who you are. You make your mom and dad shine with pride.
Side story: On the morning of the award ceremony, he called to me from the top of the stairs. He was dressed in the collared shirt that I had picked out. He is not a fan of said shirts and tried to get out of it the night before. When I asked him what was up, he responded in a sweet voice with "Mom, do you really want me to wear this? I have P.E. today, and I really don't want to mess up my nice shirt". Yeah, whatever kid. Notice, he is not wearing his collared polo shirt. Sheesh--did I screw it up by making him wear too many of them when he was a baby/toddler?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment