Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating Seven

On August 27th, my oldest turned 7. Wow--what does that make me? Old! I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I can remember the intense look he gave to me and his father when he finally decided to enter this world. I can't believe that was seven years ago. There are so many ways that he's still like that little baby who took his time to join this family.

Like last year, Landon begged to open his presents in the morning before school. I'm a birthday sucker, so of course, he did. Then Lilah, Noah, and I joined Landon for lunch at his school. We brought his class the cupcakes that I made the day before. Landon chose to go to Mexican for his birthday dinner (big surprise), and we ended the day with the half-eaten cake. For those of you who don't know, here's the story on that. I had made the cake earlier in the day and was pretty much done frosting it when I had to go outside to open the gate for the Trugreen guy. In less than a minute, Max put those two huge front paws of his on the counter and went to town on my almost done cake (which was for Landon's party). I was able to salvage half of it, so that's what Landon used to blow out his candles the night of the party. We bought a cake for the party. ;)

Landon opening his presents in the morning Finding his new bike in Daddy's car.
It must have been a pretty serious wish (notice the half cake)...
On Sunday, Landon had a birthday party at Pirate's Cove--a miniature golf place. Everyone had a great time, and my birthday boy seemed happy as can be.
Landon with some of his boys...
Lilah doing one of her favorite things--hanging with Aunt Sally
Another group shot--but this one with silly faces.
I forgot to bring forks (bad Mommy), so the kids had to use their hands.
Here's Landon trying to clean up his messiness.A picture of the present opening madness.

This weekend we'll head to the lake for a couple of nights of camping. We'll celebrate both boys' birthdays with my family while we're there. Landon is excited his birthday isn't quite over, and Noah is excited that his is just getting started. Lucky boys, I tell ya...

No comments: