The day after Labor Day, I found a couple of hours of freedom-Noah and Lilah both started preschool! Noah was beyond excited. He already loves it, loves being in the 'big kid' class, loves that he gets to go four days a week. The only thing he was upset about this week is not being able to stay for lunch (that starts next week). Lilah walked in like she's been going there every day for a year. No tears, no calling of "Mommy", no begging for me to stay. I did not cry that day either (which I thought I would as I cried for both boys). Lilah provided me with enough difficulty that morning that I was more than ready to go shopping for Noah's birthday presents SOLO. She seems to like it a lot and has already started naming a friend or two when I ask her. When I dropped her off this morning, she just said "bye bye" and blew me a kiss. She will go two days a week this year and stay for lunch both days. Although I didn't cry her first day, I did tear up today when I opened her backpack and saw her first school work. I can't believe she's growing so quickly.
I think I'm going to enjoy the little bit of freedom each week. I've already lined up helping with Landon's class, and I'll be able to work some with no kids around. Yippee!!!
Not sure what Noah was doing...
Noah trying to convince Lilah to smile for the picture.
Noah's "First-Day-of-School" silly face.
No comments:
Post a Comment