Granddad playing with Lilah
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
LA, baby!
A couple of weeks ago, we headed to LA--Lower Alabama for those of you not familiar with the lingo. Jason's grandparents live there, and we have not seen them in years. We joined Jason's mom, stepdad and his brother's family for a great weekend. It was such a relaxing day. We don't get to hang out with Nathan, Jennifer, and Addison much, and we had a really great time with them. Granddad was so happy to have us there, and Jason and I both agreed that we missed him way more than we realized. Grandmother had a stroke a few years ago, so unfortunately, she wasn't able to be with us through most of the day. However, she was able to see her great-grandchildren, and I think that made her happy. My little Noah was fascinated by her and kept going into her room to blow her kisses. I hope it warmed her heart as much as it did mine. Granddad said to me many times to cherish the kids now because it goes too fast, and you never get that time back. I have to admit that most days that's hard to live by that advice, but I've stepped back a couple of times since then, hearing his voice in the back of my mind. Thanks for the reminder, Granddad.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love both the pictures that you and I have of Debra and the girls! They are so cute.
Post a Comment