Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Noah's First Day of School


My baby started preschool today. He was so cute walking into his class with his backpack. He looked so big which, of course, made me a little sad. :) They said he cried for a short time after I left, but overall, had a wonderful first day. Not surprisingly, his teachers said he had a blast outside on the playground. I was a little nervous on how he would do because he was sick over the weekend. Mommy cried a little as well once she was alone in the car. As much as I will enjoy these two months of having some time to myself two mornings a week, I felt lonely today. That will be short-lived, though, because I've already planned some shopping for Thursday. It doesn't take me long to bounce back. :)

Congratulations, Noah, on your first day of school! Mommy was proud of you!

Jason and I had a WONDERFUL time in Chicago this past weekend. It was so great to spend time with just him. We did A LOT of walking around, some shopping, an architure boat tour (which I recommend to anyone visiting the Windy City), site seeing, deep dish pizza eating, and even made time for the wedding we were up there for on Sunday evening. I thought I would have a post with pictures to share, but we forgot the camera. Oops! The boys stayed with Jason's mom and step-dad, and from what I gather, they, too, had a good weekend. Landon told us to go back, so they could stay there a little longer. Thank you, Debra and Blaine! Noah had gotten pretty sick while we were gone, and they handled it with ease. We are lucky to have great grandparents on both sides of our family!

Landon had his first soccer practice this evening. His dad isn't coaching him this season, and Landon seems to have adjusted to a new coach very easily. It was probably harder on me than it was him. :) We're looking forward to the games which start on Sept 13th.

I need to head to bed. Reality is more tiring than a weekend with only your hubby!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

My Baby No No is not old enough for school!!! I guess we all have to let go sometime!!

We can't wait to celebrate his birthday (and Lou's) this weekend!!

I am so glad you had a great time in Chicago!!