Today I helped out in Landon's classroom. Some people probably don't think this is anything big, but for me, it was something I earned. I stay at home with the kids so I can do these types of things. I dropped off Noah at school and then headed to Landon's school to help the class with a letter "A" project. Obviously this wasn't rocket science, but I really, really enjoyed interacting with the kids. I liked listening to their stories that had nothing to do with the project or what was going on in the classroom. I loved seeing Landon playing with his friends and paying attention to his teacher (believe me, she gets a better deal from him than I do). Overall, I loved the feeling I had when I was in my car to go pick up Noah. I just felt good. I don't think I could do it every day and am amazed at Miss Leah's and Ms. Amy's patience with the children, but I am SO glad that I have gotten the opportunity to help out (and can't wait to do it again). As most of you know, I haven't been too comfortable the last few weeks, so I wasn't looking forward to going and wondered quite often why I opened my big mouth when I said "just let me know if you need help". However, Baby Seabolt cooperated and left me mostly pain free for the two hours I was there. It was just a good day for me. So, I get that this isn't a big deal for most, but for me, it was a reward for being a stay-at-home mom.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment