Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Missing Spring Break

I bet you never thought you would hear me say this, but I was not ready for the kids to go back to school this week. I was enjoying our laid back week. I liked not having to worry so much about a schedule. I loved not stressing about whether or not the kids were in bed by a certain time. I was happy to not make any lunches the night before or think about packing a snack. I had no problems forgetting about homework. And I did not miss the morning rush of getting everyone to their respective places.

We didn't even sleep in much later, and we still had to rush to the gym a couple of times for me to make my classes on time. But overall, it was a good break. No big plans--just hanging out at home and a lot of outside time. My parents took the kids for a couple of nights, and although I enjoyed cleaning and getting my things done without constant interruptions, I missed them. I'm actually really looking forward to summer. Can you believe that?!?!?

***Please feel free to refer to this post when I'm three weeks into summer break and wondering how I'm going to get through an entire summer. ***

No comments: