Yes, we're crazy. Maybe I should say yes, I'm crazy. I'm the one who wanted him, and I think Jason couldn't say no when I started crying repeating over and over "I know it's not the smartest thing for me to do, but I want him. I just want him. He's supposed to be ours". So, I added to my already insane world, and I'm not sorry about it at all. Max has been with us for a week now, and he's getting more and more comfortable with each passing day. Yesterday I realized that this was truly his home by his actions. We had been gone most of the day with little Max in tow. He had a busy day, meeting his cousin dog, Hunter, being loved on by Aunt Sally and the others, and long car rides throughout the day. He was pooped. But when we got home, he lit up. You could tell the level of comfort that took over as he realized he was home. It made me feel good. Max was home.

The first week went well. I was up with him more than I was with my newborn babies, but that is passing. He has slept through the past two nights. Luckily the pup LOVES his crate. He took to it immediately, and it saves us a lot. I can put him in there, close the door, and take a break from watching his every move. In typical Lab fashion (he's a pure chocolate Labrador Retriever), he likes to chew. So, we have lots of toys to distract him from that yummy rug and that delicious child's toy. We're pretty sure he's going to be a big boy. Those paws keep getting bigger and the vet said "yeah, he's going to be a big one". Kasey is doing well with him, and each day they play a little bit more with one another. Like all little brothers, he eventually wears on her, but overall, she's done much better than I expected.

So this week I'm going to start working on training him (besides just potty training, of course). He may still be a bit young (he's 7 1/2 weeks), but I want him to learn the basics as soon as possible. I'm glad we have him, and I'm a.o.k with him making my life a little bit crazier than it was before. Welcome home, Max!
1 comment:
This Auntie LOVED my time with Max on Sunday!!! He is too cute and if he goes missing you might want to check the Yost house!!!
I don't think you are crazy at all...Hunter has brought me so much joy in an otherwise crazy life!!
Hunter slept like a log after everyone left!!
Post a Comment