Let's just say our Noah is still a lot of work. Full of personality, but he's still adding plenty of color to our black and white world. He makes me laugh often, yell too much, and wonder if we're getting the worst of it now versus his teenage years. Luckily, he seems to save this extra work for us and is very good at school. He actually isn't that bad--he's just full of surprises. For example, a couple of weeks ago, he took the tub of butter downstairs before we were even out of bed and proceeded to eat this butter with a knife--no bread, no biscuit, just butter. Last weekend, as we were leaving a restaurant, he tried to open the side door which immediately set off an alarm that could only be turned off by the manager. I'm pretty sure most of the restaurant knew when we were leaving. He is one of the loudest kids that I know--which he gets honestly, so I can't blame him for that one (uh-have you met Jason??? I don't think he will be working in a library any time soon). He's rough and tough and doesn't realize how big he is compared to his little sister. He still wants to do whatever Landon is doing and amazes us with the things he can do. He repeats everyone with the best of them and can remember a song after only hearing it a time or two. He still dresses up in his costumes and will stay that way all day. He still is our Noah.
What has changed this year is that my baby boy cuddles. He loves to cuddle with us, snuggle up like the little boy that he is. Finally! I had to wait almost three years, but it was worth it. He's good at it. I don't know what took him so long. Noah has also taken to learning so much more than he did last year. He can spell his name, knows more and more letters every day, can count higher and higher as time passes by, has got his colors down, and enjoys books like his brother. He loves school and seems to be doing well there. Each day he says something new that makes me realize how much he is truly learning.
He's growing so quickly. I feel like time is flying by, and Noah is the pilot. More than my other two, I feel like I'm going to miss something in his life. I can't seem to catch up to him. He is definitely a three year old with a desire for independence. He can shoot the dirtest of looks and hasn't quite learned the art of keeping his mouth shut when he should. Sometimes he tries to master temper-tantrum-throwing and doesn't always get "Noah, leave her alone". But that kid--he makes me feel full of life. I'm still drawn to him--his energy, his love, his boldness. I'm not sure we have always given him a fair shake as we've treated him the way he looks versus his actual age. But he doesn't seem to mind. He just takes us the way we are.
I love that kid. I love, love, love him. Thank God for his color in my world. It makes it go round.
No comments:
Post a Comment