Thursday, September 3, 2009

Today I'm a proud mommy!

I know I'm way behind on posting anything. I have a camera full of pictures, but time just doesn't seem to be on my side. We've had an anniversary go by, a birthday celebrated, and a day trip taken; however, you wouldn't know that because I haven't had a chance to post anything. It's on my to do list for the weekend.

However--I got something today that I had to share. I try not to brag on my kids too much (everyone knows that every parent thinks their kids are great), but this one turned my day around. I just got off the phone with my friend, and we were discussing how the rewards of parenthood don't come as often as we'd like, and the tough times seem to stick around. Just one of those conversations reiterating that parenting is hard. Then I got this email (I tried to scan the email, but for some reason, blogger and my scanner are not friends)...

Subject: Landon
"I wanted to email you to let you know how wonderful I think your son is. We have a new student in our class who requires constant attention and support. When we went to the playground today, your sweet child took our new friend by the hand and helped him up when he fell. He then proceeded to lead him around the playground, help him safely climb the stairs and teach him how to slide over and over and over. The smile on our new friend's face was priceless!!! He spent the entire recess time working with our new friend. Your son was patient, loving, and so encouraging. It shows exactly what kind of parent he has. Thank you for sharing him with me. It made my day! --Angela "(his teacher)

I'm literally exploding with pride right now for my oldest. Exploding!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Way to go Landon (and the teacher is so right - what amazing parents!)

Sally said...

I am so proud of my Lou!! I am also proud of you and Jason, what a great example you both are!!

Sounds like you have a great teacher as well!!!

Bev said...

What a wonderful tribute to you and Jason, Lisa. Isn't it great that the teacher's have access to e-mail so they can readily compliment a young student for a good deed. What a wonderful young man you have raised, give him a hug from us.