It was Lilah's first trip to the beach, and she loved it.
My parents enjoying some pool time.
One of my favorite memories of this trip was when I was sitting in a beach chair with no one else around. Everyone was letting me finish my book--Jason took the kids down to the water and my parents went for a walk. As most of you moms know, you're never completely alone. Even if you're sitting there by yourself, you often are thinking of your family or watching them from afar. I did finish my book, but I also witnessed a sight that warmed my heart beyond belief and made me happy that I'm never alone. As I looked up from the page I was reading, I glanced down towards the water to see my family--my handsome husband sitting in the sand with our three children. The boys were digging and building, and Lilah was trying to do the same while staying as close as she could to her daddy. They were in this little universe all their own-untouchable, amazing, perfect. Playing so sweetly and spending time with their dad. I didn't have my camera down on the beach that day, and oh, I wish I would have. It was one of the best things I have ever seen. Yes, I teared up (because that's what I do), and I'm lucky that my mind took a snapshot of the scene. I go back to that picture often and each time, my heart fills up just as it did while I sat in that beach chair finishing my book.
3 comments:
Looks like a really fun time! Glad yall got to have fun and enjoy the beach! You know I love the boys, but that little Lilah just makes me want to hold her and kiss her! And you know it's not just me because even Nathan wants to hold her and he doesn't care about other people's kids. I loved watching him with her and then with Noah on his lap. :)
YOu got some great pictures and what a wonderful mental picture you took!!!
BTW - Your dad isn't cooler than mine....mine totally ROCKS!!!
Looks like you had an awesome time! I'm glad...trips with the grandparents are special.
Post a Comment