Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The boy is out of control

Landon is all about girlfriends these days. I'm a little concerned about his um, early interest. His "main" girlfriend (that he probably saw less than 10 times over the summer) is an adorable little red-head who lives in our neighborhood, went to pre-k with him and whose parents we have befriended over the last couple of months (they recently joined the 3-kid-club; opposite of our family with 2 girls first and their last a boy). However, last week (note: his FIRST week of school) Landon informed us that he has a new girlfriend. I asked if Ainsley (the red-head) was no longer his gf, and he said "yes, she still is. This is just my other girlfriend". Well, okay then. I proceeded to ask some questions about this new girl and found out the following:
  • Her name is Lexie.
  • Landon asked if she wanted to be his girlfriend.
  • She said yes.
  • She is a dirty blond.
When we were going over the "details" with Jason later that night, Jason made a comment about dirty blonds being cute (uh-hello, your wife has dark brown hair...). Landon looks at him and replies:

"Oh, I've got myself a red-head that looks better than her".


Seriously?!?!? He's "got himself"??? What the heck is that all about? Jason and I couldn't stop laughing and realized that sweet Ainsley's (pictured above) dad probably wouldn't feel the same.

So today, I had to pick Landon up from school for our dentist appointments. While we're driving away, he tells me that he has lost his two girlfriends. "What?" I gasped. Really--who would want to break up with my sweet long-lashed boy??? He proceeds to tell me that Madison told Lexie to break up with him because Landon likes kids who pick their noses. She also told Ainsley not to like him.

Okay people---who is this trouble making Madison? Who does she think she is?!?!

Landon told me that Madison was just jealous because he is good every day in class, and she isn't. We told him that some people just aren't very nice, and if they can't be good, then it's best to stay away from them.

No worries, though. Landon explained to Lexie that he doesn't like kids who pick their noses, so she no longer wants to break up with him. Ainsley will soon be riding the same bus home and will be riding with us to religious ed on Wednesdays, so all is good.

Do you think I'm in trouble???

1 comment:

Karen said...

Don't worry I am going through the same thing with Jacob. He usually has multiple girlfriends. The other day when he got off the bus, he informed me that a girl on the bus blew him a kiss. We have a lot to look forward to.