Dearest Landon, Noah, and Lilah,
I only hope that one day you will understand your mommy. I hope you will understand that I try to do only the best for you. I try to teach you right from wrong, and how to treat other people. I want to guide you into being the best you can be. One day you will understand that I am so far from perfect, and that's okay. You will be disappointed, but you'll finally get that your mom is just a normal human being who makes mistakes. You'll see that although I had my not-so-good-moments, I have loved you with everything that I am. One day I'll embarrass you and will be so dumb in your mind. I won't be able to kiss your pain away and make your boo-boo feel better. As far as you're concerned, I won't understand where you're coming from, and there's no way you'll believe that I have been through the same things. But I also hope that a few years from that, you'll get it. I did. I look at my parents now, and although I don't always agree with them, I get it. They do what they feel is best because we're their children. So here's my letter to you, my sweet children. I love you. I love your daddy. I love the family that we have created and become. I love you each individually, and I love you as a whole. I try my best, I could always be better, and I'm pretty sure it will never be good enough.
I only hope that one day you will understand your mommy.
Much love to my babies,
Mom
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sniff. sniff...
Post a Comment