My little girl also hit another milestone this week. Lilah rolled over. First she went from her belly to her back. She smacked her head on the floor, so I don't think she was too happy about it. Later that day, she went from her back to her belly a couple of times. I'm sure both were by accident, but it still gets written down in the baby book. I can't believe she's almost 4 months. Watching her grow is definitely bittersweet. She's my last, so I'm treasuring these baby stages. She'll be losing her teeth before I know it.
Friday, March 20, 2009
They are growing up...
On Tuesday, Landon lost his first tooth. It happened at school, and he was all smiles. I was smiling as well but also trying hold back the tears of my first born losing his baby teeth. I keep saying that he now has a "man tooth". It's permanent. Hopefully it will be the tooth he has for the rest of his life. My friend laughed when I said "His wife will see that tooth". But think about it--these are the little things that parents have before their kids are grown and gone. Everyday he takes one step closer to walking out of our front door to start his own life--one in which we are mostly just spectators. I'm okay with that--I know my role in his journey. It just sometimes makes my journey a little sad. The tooth fairy left that tooth for me...a reminder of my baby. His first tooth ever, and man, is it small!

My little girl also hit another milestone this week. Lilah rolled over. First she went from her belly to her back. She smacked her head on the floor, so I don't think she was too happy about it. Later that day, she went from her back to her belly a couple of times. I'm sure both were by accident, but it still gets written down in the baby book. I can't believe she's almost 4 months. Watching her grow is definitely bittersweet. She's my last, so I'm treasuring these baby stages. She'll be losing her teeth before I know it.
My little girl also hit another milestone this week. Lilah rolled over. First she went from her belly to her back. She smacked her head on the floor, so I don't think she was too happy about it. Later that day, she went from her back to her belly a couple of times. I'm sure both were by accident, but it still gets written down in the baby book. I can't believe she's almost 4 months. Watching her grow is definitely bittersweet. She's my last, so I'm treasuring these baby stages. She'll be losing her teeth before I know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's nice to know someone is just as proud and just as sad as I am. haha I cry for several minutes leaving the party store yesterday. My baby can't turn one, that just seems so old. Yay for Lilah!! Addison rolled from her back to her tummy at 3 months, but NEVER rolled from her tummy to her back. No one cared because it is easier. That's cool that she did both in the same day!
Now you made me sad...I never thought about the "man teeth" and that those are the teeth their spouses will know.
Matt's are growing in and he is so happy!!
Way to go Lilah!!! She was sure trying when she was at Mom's!!
We will see you today!!
Post a Comment