One day Landon told me he had a hole in his tooth. I was a bit confused (and nervous since we were going to the dentist the next day), so I asked him to open up. Then I saw it--"The Tooth". This big ol' tooth is just making his home behind his other teeth. What a mix of emotions I had when I first laid eyes on "The Tooth".
"What the..."
"Oh my gosh, we are going to have some serious orthodontics bills".
"Wow--I guess I haven't brushed his teeth in a while since I didn't even notice it." (Note: he brushes his own teeth.)
"The dentist is going to have to pull his baby tooth. How do I prepare him for that one?"
and finally...
"My baby is about to lose his first tooth. Oh--this is all going way too quickly. He can't be getting permanent teeth already. I can remember the day his first tooth came in, and now it's about to leave his little mouth. Can I stop time? My boy is growing up. " Sigh
So while Landon is overjoyed with the arrival of his "grown up teeth" as he calls them, I'm a little sad his new friend is pushing out the baby in him.
No comments:
Post a Comment