Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer ending already?!?!?

The beginning of Landon's First Grade school year starts tomorrow, and I'm in disbelief. I can't believe the end of summer is upon us. The problem is that the weather is telling us anything but that, so my mind can't wrap around the idea that things are going to change around here in the next few weeks. Most years I am more than ready for the kids to get back into school. But not this year--summer went too fast. I wish we had more days to do whatever we feel like--no schedules, no homework, sleeping in, staying up late, etc. I guess our time flew by because we had exciting vacations to take, fun days at the pool, trips to the zoo and to Six Flags, time at the lake, and time spent in the sand box. Here are just a very few things that happened this summer...

A little girl of mine decided she finally liked hats (well, just a little).
True artists must work shirtless.
Master pieces take serious concentration.
Noah's artistic skill is...well, it is.
Landon let Mommy help a small bit on his.Mommy has learned these two are going to be trouble with a capital "T".
Even our 20 month old is part fish.
Landon playing a little football in the pool.

Noah learned to swim without his vest this year.
Lilah loves the pool as much as her brothers.
Here is a little video of Noah swimming on his own. Not bad for a three year old!
Although school is officially back in session, I think we'll be visiting the pool a few more times. This mommy isn't ready to say goodbye to our lazy days of summer.

No comments: