Friday, June 25, 2010

Landon's holy words

Landon often surprises us with his comments, but what's been particularly surprising over the last few months are the things he has said about religion and God.

In early May, we were heading to my nephew's First Communion. Landon speaks up...

LCS: Daddy, why aren't you Catholic?
JBS: Because I grew up in a different religion.
Me: But Daddy is a Christian just like us. He's just not a Catholic Christian.
LCS: Do you want to be Catholic?
JBS: I don't know.
Me: It's not a big deal, Landon, because Daddy believes in God and Jesus, and he goes to church with us.
LCS: Yeah Dad, but don't you want to receive the Body and Blood of Christ?

I mean, really?!?!? I was dumbfounded and also a little emotional that my kid actually got a little bit of what was going on in church. I admit, I was proud, but still so shocked.

Then on Father's Day, we are having a discussion that Father's Day is also for Papa, and Pops, and Uncle Woody, and all of the dads out there. Landon pipes in "Don't forget the most important and biggest dad...God".

If my son didn't like girls so darn much, I would think I had a priest on my hands....

No comments: