Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our No-No in 2011

Noah Baine, Booger Bear, Stinker, Turkey #4, El Stinkito, No-No, #2...He's our child of nicknames. It seems like we can come up with a new one for him daily. He's just the kid who needs a nickname because he is so full of personality. Life with him is much easier than it used to be. He has grown up and isn't nearly the work that he was a year ago (his sister seems to be filling those shoes). However, I'm still very drawn to his energy, and he still brings out a million smiles from me. Here's our Noah in 2011 :

  • Noah loves school and is doing very well. I peeked in on his class one day when he didn't know, and I enjoyed watching him quickly raise his hand to answer the teacher's questions.
  • Noah worships Landon. Not long after we get home from school, he starts asking how much longer until Landon's bus is coming. They get along fairly well, and Noah thinks Landon hung the moon.
  • Noah will be playing T-ball this spring for the first time. It should be interesting...
  • He has learned so much in the past year. It's fun to watch him learn new things and realize that he can. He doesn't have quite the drive that Landon does when it come to knowledge, but I think that's because he doesn't think he can. He believes Landon knows all, and he's okay with letting him be that guy. However, when we work on stuff, and he realizes how much he does know, he fills with pride. I like that.
  • He likes rock music--Janes Addiction, Guns-n-Roses, Green Day. He's a rocker.
  • Noah is Mommy's boy. You don't mess with his mom. You don't mess with Lilah either. No one messes with his girls. No one.
  • Noah still has the best laugh. It comes from deep in his belly and guarantees a giggle from those around him.
  • As I said before, Noah has grown up so much this year. I forgot how quickly it happens. I feel bad for him sometimes, though. It's like he's stuck between two places--a 4 year old who plays with much older kids outside and a 4 year old who likes to play the same things as his little sister. A boy who will watch 'Bakugan' with his older brother but shares a favorite show ('Dinosaur Train') with his sister.
  • Noah is our most consistent child. His siblings have more dramatic ups and downs. He is pretty easy to predict, and I don't catch myself worrying about things that might set him off.
  • Noah has the love of "electronics" like his brother. Luckily, he likes to be outside just as much.

Oh, my Noah. I love that kid. He still makes me feel full of life, and like a year ago, I'm drawn to him. He loves me so much, and it makes those tough times worth it. I like watching him grow, and I can't wait to see what he becomes.

No-No, Turkey #4, El Stinkito, Booger Bear, Stinker, Noah Baine Seabolt---you are loved, my baby boy. You are loved.

Here is Noah's "interview" for 2011:

As most of you know, last week at Target, Noah loudly announced to me "you know Mom, there's a muscle in a penis". Wow, thanks for the information, big guy. I thought I should include it in his post. I'll need to remind him of it later in life. I've always said he's the color in our black and white world. Lots and lots of color....

No comments: