Thursday, October 15, 2009

My lovely little Lilah

My girl.

Oh, how I love her. Lilah Anne Seabolt makes me smile and has so completed this family. I couldn't imagine our lives without her. I realized that I haven't written much about her lately which is odd since she's the one that has changed the most in the past few months. So, I thought I'd give a little run down of our girl and where she is at 10 1/2 months old.

Lilah has taken a couple of steps, but she's not walking yet. She cruises around behind her walker everywhere. If she would just realize she doesn't need it, she'd be off and running. She stands alone, but just won't take any more steps. I want her to walk. Crawling isn't a favorite of mine.



Lilah is obsessed with dolls
(and I admit it, I love that)
Her baby doll is always close by. Even when she's behind the walker, the baby is riding on top (see picture above). When I drop her off at the gym nursery, she crawls as fast as she can (which is very fast) to the basket holding the precious babies. She's obsessed.

My girl is going to eat us out of the house. She eats and eats and eats. She'll eat pretty much whatever we give her, and Daddy loves that she chowed down lima beans and black eyed peas like a good Southern girl. She's the only one who has shared those dishes with her Daddy. Yesterday's lunch--chopped ham, string cheese, an avocado (yes, she ate almost the whole thing), a banana cookie, and some milk.

Although Mommy is pretty much numero uno in her book, Daddy is not far behind. I'm thinking I'll be knocked out of my spot sooner rather than later.

Her thing this week is to scream. Not crying scream--just screaming. Loudly. Annoyingly.

Lilah will throw you a kiss, give high five, and wave bye-bye. She'll even add a "ba-ba" in her sweet little voice with her wave.


The girl loves her brothers. They are good to her, and she thinks playing with them is the best thing in the world.

Lilah loves being out and about. She loves people watching and going places. She's the best behaved when we're away from the house. She reminds me of Landon when he was her age in so many ways. This is one of the big ways.

When Lilah smiles her toothy smile (seven to be exact), she scrunches up her nose. Cracks us up.

Lilah's eyes are still as blue as can be and the first thing you notice about her. Her eczema provides a spot on her face, but luckily for me, picasa has a touch-up feature. And yes, random-people-I-don't-know-in-the-store, I realize that she has "a little rash on her face". The salt water we wash it with is helping some.

As soon as Lilah discovers the bow in her hair, she quickly removes it and places it into her mouth. Awesome.







She's getting curls.









She's going to be a ladybug for Halloween.

My girl can laugh. A laugh that will bring smile to your face. A laugh that warms our hearts. A laugh that reminds us daily that going for three was more than worth it.


5 comments:

Stephanie Thigpen said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at Aimee's baby shower and Danny gave me the link to your blog... I have to say that this is beyond adorable and such a sweet post! Especially the video at the end.

Hope all is well! - Stephanie

Jennifer said...

She is soooo cute Lisa! I just love her! And I love your little family. I always wanted two boys and a girl and had hoped they girl would be last. Her relationship with her brothers is going to be priceless! And what a cute little lady bug. :)

Sally said...

Baby Girl is just too precious...I wonder if she knows how much happiness she has brought?

Lilah - Aunt Sally loves you soooooo much!!!

JMarques100 said...

I TOTALLY love the lady bug costume. She's such a cutie!

Rebekah said...

I mean really, whose prettier than her????? Loving little Lilah Anne.

(sigh)