I've always liked Granddad. He made me smile and feel comfortable from the first time I met him 12 years ago. I lost my grandpas when I was 5, so I treasured gaining 3 of them when I married Jason. I couldn't get enough of the pride he had for his grandchildren and his great-grandchildren. He was amazingly wonderful with little Addison and our Lilah. He talked and played with Noah and Landon. He took time to give attention to each of his great-grandchildren separately. I loved that.
Although we didn't see him often, I always knew he was there--through an email or letter, we could let him know how we were. I feel a little lost without that ability to communicate to him. I'm so thankful that we all made the trip down over a month ago. So thankful...
Please pray for Debra, my mother-in-law. She has been handed a ton of bricks to carry, and we need God to help with some of the load. Pray that the person responsible will be punished for his crime. Pray that we will come together as a family to try to make sense of something so senseless.
Thanks, Granddad, for letting me be a part of your life. Rest in peace and fly with the angels.
4 comments:
That was beautiful Lisa. I was actually waiting to see if you would post something before I did. We haven't told many people so I wasn't sure if I should or not.
My prayers continue to storm the heavens for ALL of you!!
My Granddad (Pete's grandfather) means just as much to me and I miss him so very much!!!
Please let us know if there is anything that you need help with...we will be there!!!
Lisa, this is so sad and so sweet. We are praying for you guys!
Love,
Rebekah
We are mourning with you all. I cannot imagine. Please know that you remain in our prayers.
Much love,
Mary
Post a Comment